Thread: upgrade problem

Default upgrade problem

hi,

i have vshare 2.7 and i wanted to upgarde to 2.8.1, but when i ran the upgrade script, i get this message:

Upgrade script can only upgrade from vShare Release: 20070625

can you tell me what thiis means and why i cant upgrade using the script, also is their some information for manual upgrades from 2.7 to 2.8.1, thanks

You are not using vShare 2.7, if 2.7 you won't get that error.

If you need i can check your installation.
    vShare Hosting, vShare Installation, Server Setup, Lighttpd streaming, vShare Templates
    [email protected]

Actually, you can also get that error if you upload the files from vShare 2.8.1 and overwrite the config.php file with the default blank one that comes with vShare 2.8.1. Check to make sure that your original config.php file is intact.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Quote Originally Posted by bplex View Post
    Actually, you can also get that error if you upload the files from vShare 2.8.1 and overwrite the config.php file with the default blank one that comes with vShare 2.8.1. Check to make sure that your original config.php file is intact.
    Confirmed, i got the same message on my test site when i used the upgrade option with the same version of vshare 2.7 that i did the flash install with.

I will open a ticket for when i ready to upgrade on my production site.