Thread: Ftp process using folder name for password

Question Ftp process using folder name for password

I have a problem with video not being uploaded to the external server. It seems to put the folder name as the password according to the process convert_log_xxx.html. "ftp_pwd = /video"

I changed the ftp login at the other server to go right to the proper directory and removed the folder entry in the edit of "list server" and it seemed to log in but the process never finishes and the process queue remains "converting" for the file.

How can I fix this?

I also get a local server error that it cannot find compose.php and it does not exist.

The FTP password would never be shown in the actual convert log (for security purposes). So, that is likely not the problem. Usually, when I see this issue happen, it is because the server that you are uploading to has either a firewall or FTP settings that prohibit communication from reaching the standard FTP data port (port 20), thus requiring the use of passive FTP (in which the server will use a data port higher than port 1024, which is generally unfiltered by firewalls). Check with your host to see if your server requires the use of passive FTP. If so, the FTP class would need to be changed to use passive FTP (by default, it is written such that it uses active FTP).
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

Hi,

If you can't get it fixed, open a support ticket at

BuyScripts Helpdesk

with your vshare admin and FTP login details.

Thanks

Buyscripts Team

The files actually upload. I can see them on the video server. But the process never finishes on the process queue (vshare site). I get this far in the log:

Connecting to FTP server
    server_id = 1
    Server IP = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Server URL = http://www.whatverserver.com/share/video
    Server folder = video
    FTP: connected
    FTP: logged in.
    ftp_chdir(video)
    ftp_pwd = /video

That last line is why I asked about the password display. It sort of hangs there, uploading then just does nothing.

Hi,

ftp_pwd is a php function, returns the current directory name in the remote server.

PHP: ftp_pwd - Manual

Thanks,

Buyscripts Team.