Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot UPload Videos - Help ME Plz

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeplz
    no. still i face this issue. plz give me a solution
    You answered an "this or that" question with a "no" response!?

@SportsGamingTV.com

300 seconds is 5 minutes :)

if you use opera to upload it tells you exactly what its doing in the uplaod process so you can tell much easier.

If you want PM me a test username and password for your site that is alllowed to upload and i will test it for you.

5 Minutes, Yikes! I guess I was just hoping for 10 minutes. lol. Right now any account can upload. I can create one for you if you like, or you can just sign up. Either way works as well as the other.

I wonder how long it will be before we see the updated script that converts in the background. Sounds sweet. :)
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

@SportsGamingTV.com

your timeout is set to 150 seconds....and from test i did it failed after 2 mins and 30 seconds....so yes you have the same problem.....just have to wait for the fix from admin

Yeah, either that or pay more than twice as much to upgrade to a semi-dedicated account. Hopefully the update won't take too long.

Thanks for looking. :)

Ok, I complained about this quite a bit and was passed up to Level 3 Support (System Admin) at my host. This is what he said:

Can I have your admin login details for your youtube site so that I will test it in my end, we have the Max_execution time set to 1000 in our master php.ini and in your local .htaccess settings its set to 9999, so it should handle that size of files very easily.
    So now all of a sudden it is up to 1000. This is probably true. I just uploaded a video that took 12 minutes according to the upload progress bar, and it was successfully completed. Now, will it stay at 1,000? Only time will tell. lol

@SportsGamingTV.com

yes the Max_execution is another setting you do need high however this value is not causing the problem

If you check http://www.SportsGamingTV.com/phpinfo.php and look for the Apache section...there you should see "Timeouts Connection: 150 - Keep-Alive: 15" ...its the 150 part that is causing the problem but it is not normal to have this set really high so i think its a fix thats needed in vshare.

That's what I thought, but I wonder how I completed a 12 minute upload if the timeout is set for 2.5 minutes. Very odd.

well its the converting time.....if its an easy type of file to convert mencoder may be able to do it in under 2:30.

Hopefully I can hold out until the new script solves this (fingers crossed). I hate to be forced into upgrading to a plan that costs 3x as much just because of this.

Thanks for all of your help and input Leki. You've at least managed to keep me sane through all of this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast