Thread: Additional Server

Default Additional Server

Hi all--

I've added a cron job and I've added a server, but I have a question about how to configure my Vshare installation.

How do I direct an upload to my new additional server? My host doesn't offer much disk space but bandwidth doesn't appear to be an issue. (Yet.) Is there a way to direct a new upload to my offsite server and use that space for storage while using my hosting bandwidth? I'm very slowly starting to understand all this new terminology, so I hope I've phrased my question correctly.

Is there some sort of cron job script I can run that transfers the new uploads to my offsite server?

As always, any insight is appreciated.

-s.w
    Last edited by studiowi33; 09-25-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Running vshare 2.8.1

Additional servers work by converting the video on your main server and then FTPing the converted video to your additional server. This happens automatically. If you have setup an additional server in vShare and your videos are not moving over to your new server automatically, then you have either entered wrong information in your additional server screen within the admin panel (such as the folder path or server connection information), or you have entered an incorrect FTP username/password. I would check both to make sure that they are all correct.
    vShare Solutions
    Custom vShare Modules and Services

Now, your visitors can watch videos on your site using their mobile or tablet device with the Mobility Mod for vShare 2.8!

This sir, is a brilliant reply. (And one that deserves to be in a manual for us newbs.)
    Thank you for clearing up any confusion and I'll try to apply what I'm learning.

-s.w
    Running vshare 2.8.1