Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An editor's admin section

Default Re: An editor's admin section

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    This is a good featured, i have added it to todo list, i can't say it will be available in 2.7, we will try to have this feature in coming releases.
    Thank you admin. I and many of use with expanding vshare websites will welcome the addition when it arrives.

Getting Site Editors/Moderators onto the done list asap would be fantastic.

Dafydd

Dear admin and other users,
    This function is promoradial to keep a good website up because only one admin can not take care of a whole site.

That's why i suggest to creat this function in the next version because now Vshare became very popular on the web. This function is a must.

If this function takes much time to create At least the possibility of having more than 1 admin to the admin panel with giving limited permission for those news admin accounts would be great.

Thank you matrix_france, glad to read you support the inclusion - it is a "must" I fully agree. Hopefully now that admin has put it onto the list of todo's we can advance it a bit further, with more comments and ensure the time-table is sooner rather than sometime :D

I request all those in favour post their support please.

Dafydd

Thats great idea! Also I would add more security feature in the email ie capchta control when user send messages and a "select all" button when u have to perform action on multiple members in the same time.Hope to see the updates in a near future!thanks

What about simply password-protecting your admin folder, (which you should be doing anyway!) and then creating extra usernames for these additional admins? I would think if you trust someone enough to "allow" them to help you with your website, this would not be a big deal? You can create separate usernames for your protected directory and be able to monitor activity/access via the logfiles that way. Obviously, all users would have the "master password" for the admin login, but they also would have to "login" to the protected directory, so you could in effect "lock them out" at some point by halting access to the protected directory.

If someone decides to abuse your trust, they could still cause trouble as a "moderator" if they really wanted to. I think this "moderator" idea has merit, but it all comes down to TRUST. If you hand the keys to an employee, they can clean out your store on the night shift, know what I mean? If you suspected they were stealing from you, you would take the key away, correct?
    So make a "key" by creating a username in your cpanel for your server and they will feel as if they have a unique admin account. You can take this away if they abuse your trust. Just keep daily site backups and you can fix anything they might do that is not "nice". The real key, at least to me anyway, is to make sure you fully trust anyone that you would give access to, above all else.

mma,

I disagree with your take on this situation. The admin level gives full access to all sections of a site and a moderator or Site Editor requires a lessor level of access to assist. It would be wrong to give admin level access to a whole group of Site Editors when they need less.

Thanks for your input mma.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7
    I am in complete agreement that this would be an awesome addition to the vshare script!!!!

Jereme
    Brilliant and thank you.

Great to have your support.

Dafydd

My suggestion was for the time in between now when/if they decide to add this. The admin has acknowledged your resquest. To be candid, if you "pressure" someone they may be much less inclined to do as you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by touchsaver
    Thats great idea! Also I would add more security feature in the email ie capchta control when user send messages and a "select all" button when u have to perform action on multiple members in the same time.Hope to see the updates in a near future!thanks
    Excellent , thank you for your support.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by mma
    My suggestion was for the time in between now when/if they decide to add this. The admin has acknowledged your resquest. To be candid, if you "pressure" someone they may be much less inclined to do as you desire.
    Thank you for your input and your concern.

I have posted and requested the Site Editor feature for some time - without support no idea or desire will move forward.

Requesting vShare users to show support is good for vShare and a reflection of the concerns users have for a lacking feature. Encouraging participation is good, I'm sure that vShare admin enjoys the fact that I and many others are really pleased with the video streaming package script they offer. An encrypted script means we have to rely upon alterations and changes made by vShare.

Thank you once again mma - your participation and contribution is most welcome.

Dafydd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12