Thread: New fix for videos not uploading/converting

Default New fix for videos not uploading/converting

If you have a problem with larger videos not uploading and converting and you have checked all the other common settings that cause this then another thing to check is your servers apache httpd "timeout" value. You can sometimes see this in your phpinfo.php under "Timeouts: connection".

Mine was set to 30, so converting larger files that took more than 30 seconds stopped. I set this to 600 and its fine now :)

Just thought i would share in case someone has the same problem.

from looking into this more this looks like a problem that affects all vshare sites.

i just tried a large upload at a few other sites and they all have the same problem depending on what there timeout value is set at.....so it looks like vshare cant do big uploads! (unless the timeout was set really really high)

admin can you do a fix for this? on other scripts once the upload has finished the user gets redirected to the upload_success page while the video converts in the background and this process is not affected by the server "timeout" value.

We are working on background video conversion, this will be available on next release.

great to hear :)....just wondering how advanced it will be, for example on sites with many visitors would it have the option to queue uploaded videos to be converted 1 after the other as i think if say 10 people did an upload at the same time the converting would be hard on the server doing them all at once and might get peoples hosting companys suspending them for using up too much CPU/memory.