Thread: Recent Tags - How Many?

Default Recent Tags - How Many?

This may not even be a bug, I'm not sure.

My recent tags list seems to be growing a little larger than I had expected, and I'm wondering how much larger. Then, a short while ago I saw another vshare site where the list of recent tags was incredibly long.

Is there a place where I can control how many tags are in the recent list?

Will this thing ever stop, or does it just keep going and include all tags?
    This member is now known as Sitting Out

Default cloud tags

i also got same question here about these 'tags'. it'd be nice if less tags at main page. if they want look other tags, just go to "See More Tags".

i have suggestion for the tags... if the tags can be cloud tags, sure nice. is it possible to make cloud tag like this http://www.petefreitag.com/item/396.cfm ?

The tag list shrinks after a few days. As the tags arent new anymore. Contro0lling how long they stay new would be the best fix.

Those cloud tags might be nice on the tags page, but I'm not sure I would want them on the front page or other pages. That's just my own opinion though.

Thanks for the tip Zeffer. I'll take a look around later and see if I can figure out how to edit the time. Maybe if I even just knock a day off of it that will make a huge improvement. I'm just worried about when more people are using the site. There's only a few of us right now, and the list is already quite long. Imagine if there were a few hundred uploading videos and listing tags.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsGamingTV.com
    Those cloud tags might be nice on the tags page, but I'm not sure I would want them on the front page or other pages. That's just my own opinion though.

Thanks for the tip Zeffer. I'll take a look around later and see if I can figure out how to edit the time. Maybe if I even just knock a day off of it that will make a huge improvement. I'm just worried about when more people are using the site. There's only a few of us right now, and the list is already quite long. Imagine if there were a few hundred uploading videos and listing tags.
    tags help to gain SEO. and to me, it'd be cool to put it at main page :) i agreed what if hundred per day uploading their videos... and tags would drag til bottom of the page... huh, I might be crazy that time see to many tags at my homepage lol

lol. I can imagine. I only meant I wouldn't want cloud tags on the home page because some of them would get to be so huge, and my list is already long enough as it is.

The whole day has come and gone, and now I'm on the verge of the next one starting before I go to sleep - and I still never got around to looking at how to shorten the amount of time they stay recent. Maybe tomorrow I will have time to take a look. :)

is it possible to control the tag for cloud tags or normal tags for next release? ermm, maybe do not too big for the size... max for 13/14 px and smallest size maybe 9 px.

my suggestion to SportsGamingTV.com, how about try to adjust your tag size to 10 px of font. so that, it may look better at your homepage. I already tried and look better :)

10 is a little too small for me, but I did change it down to 11 on the index page. I can not figure out where/how I can change the amount of time a tag stays "recent" though, unless it has to be done from within one of the files that are protected by Zend Guard, and I can't even view those properly.

I guess for now I will just have to wait and see how long it gets. It would be nice if it was a simple as having something in the Settings of the Admin Control Panel that says 'keep recent active for ___'

This bug is fixed, bug fix will be available on next release