Thread: Other file formats

Default Other file formats

Huh, I thought I posted this request here, but I don't see it.

Would be really great to be able to include zip files, pdf files, audio files and images in our vshare sites.

Thanks for a great product.

Default Re: Other file formats

Quote Originally Posted by mersh
    Huh, I thought I posted this request here, but I don't see it.

Would be really great to be able to include zip files, pdf files, audio files and images in our vshare sites.

Thanks for a great product.
    yea!! your request is just great. i am not sure in zip files, pdf files and audio files.But i can sure we can see and use images/pictuers section in our next release.vshare work in progress in next release section and a new look picture page :D

Default Re: Other file formats

heh well, thanks for the reply. I didn't mean that this should be an instant priority but someday in the future when you are all looking for something to do :)

I know some webmasters probably don't care about the other formats, but it would provide an awesome opportunity to increase traffic, by offering a vshare site as a file sharing, audio sharing, document sharing, with options to share with only friends, or share with public... I don't mean a warez site, but it sure lends itself to that. It's actually a simple matter of modifying the upload form, and just keeping track of where the file winds up, then listing it when you click the "pictures" or "documents" or "audio files" tab. I guess with the audio files you'd want them to play in the player. For me, I would use it to power my wife's educational website, http://www.wingsed.com. She provides educational audio, video, pdf worksheets, different programs in zip files... I have long thought I'd love to use vshare for the members area of her site. It would be a perfect way to present the various educational resources that she's providing.

anyway as I said, some day in the future when you're all rich and lounging by the pool and have nothing to do...