Thread: Change the Maximum Upload Size

Default Change the Maximum Upload Size

After browsing through the forum, I could not find a specific solution for VShare 2.7 (May have escaped my eyes also :) ).

I want to change the maximum upload size from 100mb to 25 mb. I am on a shared hosting plan so I think my host may not change this setting for the whole server.

What is the method to do this. I don't seem to see any settings in the admin section also.

I tried to add the following code to my .htaccess file but got a 500 internal error :
    php_value max_input_time 600
    php_value max_execution_time 600
    php_value post_max_size 200M

Please Help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by subbu_hegde; 11-20-2010 at 05:48 AM.

You can only upload your sever's maximum upload size limit.You can change the the text (100 mb) by editing the upload_file.tpl in template folder.

Thanks a lot for the help. I have changed the text for now because the maximum file size my host allows is 256 mb.

The new problem that I am facing is thumbnails are not created if I upload flv files. Its creating in avi and mp4 (yet to check other formats). I tried to use all three types of thumbnail creation but to no use.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

Login to admin area

Site Settings > Miscellaneous > Create Thumbnail with

You have 3 options, select a different option and select the video = > click create thumbnail.