Thread: Where i have to extract the files?

Default Where i have to extract the files?

how can i download ffmpeg from ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu ? i cannot find a link where i can download it
    where i have to extract the files of flvtool, ffmpeg etc?

Default Re: Where i have to extract the files?

Hey man, this isn't meant as a slam, but if you have to ask these questions, you are going to have a long row to hoe if you want to get vshare working. My suggestion is that you take up one of the folks on this board who offers installation. Most of the prices I've seen are pretty cheap. Will save you countless hours, days, maybe weeks of frustration.

To answer your question though, ffmpeg is best downloaded and installed through SVN (Subversion). It sounds like you downloaded source files. Basically, what you have to do is extract them (tar -zxvf filename.tar.gz) then you have to run "./config" to create a config file, then run "make", let it make a file, then run "make install" which will install it. Do that with each of the files you downloaded and see what happens. I make no guarantees :) and actually, I think that ffmpeg in particular requires several switches at the .config command, most of which I don't remember at the moment. Or click the home link above, then check out the wiki for more information.

OR you can pay someone I think $10 or $20 to have them install it for you.

Default Re: Where i have to extract the files?

ok man thanks!! i'll buy a youtube clone ready hosting package because to do this needs a lot of time and i don't have free time